Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, have you been drinking again? The only place I've ever shot upland birds with steel is on a preserve which requires nontox. I shoot lead. I advocate for lead in the uplands. If there were blind tests showing that steel ends up crippling more birds than lead, that would give the lead supporters more "ammunition" when they oppose any move to require nontox for upland birds....

....Re King's statements, I'd disagree with him on one point....

....The real danger is that the antis have latched onto the "lead is bad, let's get rid of it!" line--and that's a line which, unfortunately, can be sold to people who aren't really anti-hunting....

No Larry, it was a typo, I mean't whine. But, since you asked, I'll give it the ole try. I don't care what you chose to use or not use for ammo while upland hunting. I was commenting on what you advocate for.

Please read for comprehension, it looks like you occasionally disagree with King about the value of a scientific study. King says the road is set, regardless of the science.

The 'real danger' would be the title of the study that you advocate for, 'hunting cripples'. You yourself said that the audience is the non hunting politically aware. If your facts mattered, you would never have to comment, 'the wasted effort is in fighting that battle'. Unless, of course, King is right and facts don't matter a bit.

It seems like you're trying to be a functional alcoholic? Just kidding around Larry, I'll work on my drinking problem, if you'll work on yours?