"Funny" is the right word, im, because I'm sticking to "lead is dead." No 180 here, as you speculated. Lead is being phased out primarily for public health considerations. Hunters and anglers are victims of the gone-overboard ricochet. I agreed there is no "real" alternative for bullet and shot, as another member said, but don't quibble about TM efficacy.

I agreed with old colonel's post that the UK easing is "only a victory for today" because the "illiberal green and their fellow travellers will only regroup and restart the effort. They will for deluded reasons go overboard on lead where it is not a real issue and for anti-hunting and class, culture issues fight their campaign indefinitely." I said the "Tendency to "go overboard" is common.

Having said that, I support the Canadian anti-lead ban for waterfowl. It's unquestionably better for the birds. Early-days steel was an abomination, and the heavier loads and speeds to make up for steel's limitations don't work for me nor all-but-one of my doubles. They weren't made for it. I use TM and bismuth, a smidgen of the total cost of gunning.