I am about as far on internet searches as a non-Italian speaker or reader can go with coming up with information on these guns. I don't really need to know any more on the importer of this one, Richland Arms, in Blissfield MI, but, it would be very nice to know about the company that produced the guns, in Italy.

The engraving, while sparse, is top quality, as is the checkering.

The gun was clearly speced to American tastes of the era, 1968, and by looking at it, you can practically see the path that would lead us to the regrettable, and, unfortunate, disco era. However, the finishing and metal work are first class and comparing it to anything else that sold for less than $200 in 1968, you got a ton for your money in these guns. This one is a 3" chamber, 20 gauge, non ejector with 28" barrels and bore dimensions to the thoughts of one Francis E. Sell. There is a copy of a review he did on this gun, the Richland model 707 in the 1968 Richland Arms catalog. Think backbored tubes, long forcing cones, long chokes and all that rot. It does throw nice patterns.

There are no markings as to bore diameter, or chamber length that should have been applied at the proof house in Gardone. Suspicious, me thinks.

I do throw up in my mouth a little when I look at the white line spacers. I will fix that, eventually. It also has a muddy combination stain/varnish on the wood that has to go. Save that, it is a keeper, a replacement for a 20 gauge 29" barrels Darne I sold a long time ago, and have regretted deeply ever since. It took me a long time to find a gun that would carry that water, so to speak.
Does anyone know anything about the company in Italy? I don't think they are in business, anymore, and Richlands involvement with Prandelli and Gasperini seems to have ended very early, perhaps by 1970 or so, at least where SXS doubles are concerned. I haven't been able to find out much, save there is an Italian soccer coach with those two names.

Thanks in advance,

Best,
Ted