The first barrel is a blacking job using a rusting process, the second is the miniature muzzle loaders my grandfather made, he started making them in the late sixties as a hobby,the only work he did not do was the engraving that was done by Ken Hunt, I will sort out some more pics of the barrels, ( if anyone has a pair or piece of scrap Star or bernard barrels I would be interested as I have not seen these before), As I have already said my grandfathers familly were well known for there work, when he trained me he was 73 and I was 15, he passed away without writing down or telling me his secret formulas I have all the old formulas his father and grandfather had written down but he had perfected it and modernised it in the 30s but kept it all in his head! anyway the last picture is a set of three iron damascus barrels that I have done one side only showing before and after I am now forty and I want to be known for my barrel work I am not there yet but I am sure this site is going to be a great help, I would also like to say a big thankyou to the late Oscar Gaddy he was a great help to me when I started doing this work again his advice helped me recreate the old fashioned english finish