Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: ed good
well stan, you and i both know what you post here is false...

there is always recourse...fact is the first i heard of your problem with the browning bss I sold you was via this forum, and months, if not years after the sale...i still doubt the validity of your claim that the browning had some kind of internal issue...in any event it is low down of you to continue to trash my reputation on this fine forum or elsewhere.

Here is what happened when I bought the BSS from you, ed. We have gone over this before but, as long as you pretend to be the model for sellers I will continue to call you out. I remember the details very clearly. I was in the parking lot of the Southern Bank in Waynesboro, GA ..... facing Liberty Street, to be precise. I called you to talk about the 30" BSS you had advertised. (I didn't know anything about you at that time, or it would have all turned out different) When you answered the phone you were on the road to Hilton head, as I recall, for a few days. We discussed the BSS and I asked if I could have a 3 day inspection period, with the right to return it if it was not as I understood it to be advertised. You said "No, I know what I am selling, and I expect the buyer to know what he is buying". No returns." Period. You never qualified that, or offered any explanation other than what I just said. I really wanted a 30" BSS, so I went against what I knew to be the best course of action, and told you I would send you a cashier's check. That's the reason I was sitting in the bank's parking lot when I called you. You said that if the check was there when you returned you would ship the gun, which you did. The first round of sporting clays I shot with it I realized it wasn't recocking one of the barrels when I opened the gun, as it should. I did not call you because I am a man of my word. What I mean by that is that I, in effect, agreed to your no return policy when I rolled the dice and sent the check. I would never have called you and complained under those circumstances. I know you can't understand that but, I think I know why. A local moonshiner told me, about 40 years ago that, "A crook thinks everybody else is a crook". His words have proven to be very true, as I have observed. You must have a different opinion of what your reputation on this fine forum is, if you're worried about my trashing it.

Oh, ed, if you doubt my claims about having to have the BSS repaired, call Jim Kelly at Darlington Gun Works, in Darlington, SC. He will confirm the repair that had to be done. His number is (843) 393-3931.

SRH

After reading what Stan says here, and after several years of reading Ed's denials of his own words and deeds, I am of the opinion that Stan is being 100% factual and truthful here.

It is absurd for Ed to accuse Stan of trashing his reputation here. Ed did that to himself a long time ago.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.