Craig, it'd be a good idea if you could avoid contradiction within your posts. Look at your very last sentence. If the employees work 2nd shift, then much of their work is going to fall during non-daylight hours, right? Unless 2nd shift is a good bit different than the 3-11 schedule my dad worked for John Deere, where he spent a lot of time on 2nd shift. So, one of the prayers comes at sunrise and one right around noon. That eliminates two from second shift conflicts. And #5 comes right before you go to bed . . . which would be when they're home. So I don't quite see the problem from what you posted. Two breaks should take care of the afternoon and the sunset prayer. May have to do with timing? Not sure.

Anyhow, here is the very latest information I could find on Ariens. (Please note: I'm giving you a link.) From May 25:

www.fox6now.com/2016/05/25/ariens-co-sued-over-break-policy-for-muslim-workers/

From that article, it's clear that the situation is not yet resolved. They tried 3 breaks and that did not work. Not because the workers complained, but because the company didn't like it. Impact on production. (Seems understandable.) Currently back to the two break schedule.

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/28/16 12:18 PM.