Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown

....Re support to terrorism, go to www.lawandsecurity.org. Check out their Terrorist Trial Report Card.

Continuing, the link you provided is helpful. Under their trail report card, please note the topic I brought up, Terror Financing Through Charities. Your 'report card' ends in March of '08. I mentioned a time frame of Feb. '09 through today, roughly new policy implementation through two terms. Also note that your link has to do with a vague 'international' tally sheet, and not 'really bad' things that're happening in the homeland.

Craig--Sorry I failed to respond to the "charities" point you raised. If you go back to the link provided and pull up the Terrorist Trial Report Card, you'll find a whole series of them. I was looking at the most recent one, which ends part way through 2011. There is no "charities" section in that report, but there is one on Material Support (which includes financial). If you look on pp 18-19, you'll find that material support charges are way UP. No way to break out charities, but one usually donates money to charities, and that's material support. Any donation to a group that's been designated a terrorist organization is a federal crime. The donor does not need to know that the money was in support of a terrorist act. The sticky part of charities is that they're usually not designated terrorist organizations. So if someone gives money to the Palestinian Red Crescent but the money ends up in the hands of Hamas, the prosecution would have to prove that the donor knew his charitable donation was, in reality, going to support terrorism.

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/21/16 01:04 PM.