Originally Posted By: keith

I never claimed to speak French Larry. I merely typed "Larry is an ignorant douche bag" into a Google French translator, and the result was "Larry est un douchebag ignorant." So you can tilt at windmills, and Google too.

Keith, I will ignore the rest of your nonsensical rant. Just more of the same. However, concerning the above: The reason we still use HUMANS as translators/interpreters of foreign languages is that computers tend to screw up. I've helped straighten out a number of hosed-up computer translations of French. (They're really strange when it comes to "gun French".) I taught the language at two universities. I have two quite reliable dictionaries, neither of which yields "douchebag" as a French word. Once you put "bag" on the end, it doesn't even look French. Oh well . . . I've seen people claim that "squaw" came into our language from the French fur traders. Yet another word that doesn't even look French. And search as I might, I couldn't find any connection to French.

Just by way of helping you in your further forays into French . . . or other languages of which you have no knowledge. But commenting on things of which you have no knowledge never seems to bother you.

By the way, if you have the guts to actually START a thread on "throwing deer hunters under the bus", I promise to comment. But I doubt I need to look for that any time soon.

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/17/16 10:09 AM.