"TomR," a Webley & Scott, especially of that era, is an excellent boxlock gun and a well-made choice. I have shot and owned a number of them over the years and each always did the job to hand and handled as well as any other gun, even comparatively much more expensive boxlock guns, if the stock dimensions were usable for me and the mechanics were as they should be.

I understand this transaction would be private sale, which means you can probably make a very good deal. Condition will, as has already been said here, control price. If you are seeking advice, my advice would be to locate a well-known and established vintage / antique gun gunsmith and take the gun to him for a complete cleaning and professional review. And I would make the purchase and the price paid contingent upon that expert's opinion. In tendering $250-300 for this service, you will save yourself a lot of concerns over unanswered questions and cure doubts, as well as understand the true value of what is on offer for potential purchase.

Good luck!

Regards,

Edwardian