Over the past several years I've relied on you guys to give me advice on potential purchases. All of it good. I've bought a few Fox's, a Parker, and a some others by reading and/or asking what the experts have to say. I'm back for some more advice.

I've always dreamed of owning an English "Game Gun". Pretty rich for my blood most of the time. If I could afford it the condition was pretty bad.

Bottom line is that I've finally run into someting I think I can afford but don't know much about it, much less what it's worth. I need help. It's not a Purdey, but it is pretty nice to my eyes.

Specifics are:
Webley & Scott Ltd. SxS, 12 gauge, box lock, 27 1/2 barrels (appear uncut), 2 5/8 chambers, nitro proof 1 1/4, straight stock, double triggers with ejectors, 14 1/2 LOP, modern drop dimensions, 3/8 cast off, chokes of .007 and .015 ( per my vernier). Bore dia. are approx. .730 right and left. Weight is 6# 4oz. Action is tight, on face, and the lever is right of center.
Serial number places date of manufacture as 1922. Looks a lot like a more modern model 701 ( tear drops, quite a bit of engraving) but I suspect it to be a model 400. Condition is very good. I estimate it at 90%. Metal and wood. Everything seems to work.

I know pictures are invaluable but I don't have any.

This is a private sale, no shop, auction site, etc involved. The gun has been in storage for quite some time.

I'm hoping a few of you can chime in with fact based opinions, data etc. to aid my decision making.

I also would like to get an idea what I should be paying for it. Asking prices on web sites and books don't seem to reflect actual sales prices in the real world. I didn't reveal the asking price because I wanted your opinions on what it is worth. I don't suspect I'll be "stealing it".

Thank you all in advance for reading and your guidance.

TomR