Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: cpa
Anyone else have any thoughts on the squash theory?

Well, it's not a theory. It is a proven fact that setback causes shot to be misshapen. Also fact that the shot on the bottom of the load are more prone to be misshapen than those on top. SRH

I was gonna ignore this thread because it just got too stupid to believe, but WTF I got a couple min. IIRC the term simple physics was invoked. Was that a reference to traditional Newtonian Physics or some other brand? Can some actual examples be provided? And some documentation about the bottom being more deformed? - especially since they are not even touched by other shot on one side? Things like acceleration/velocity vs deformation rates. Some illustrative calcs of the load differentials top to bottom and the relation to deformation and whatever limits there may be to that.
I'm certain that this bottom load thing will prove to be a seminal component of shotgun ballistics in times to come and providing some real world scientific analysis to it at this point can only lead to furthering world peace and eliminating hunger everywhere.

have another day
Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription