*** SEE PHOTOS ADDED BELOW ***

Several years ago I acquired this 12 gauge Belgian shotgun with 7-pin sidelocks. It has double triggers, ejectors, 2-3/4” chambers, and a hidden third fastener. It is a very high quality gun but shows some wear from normal usage. Looks like a Francotte to me. However it is not marked with a maker’s name anywhere on the barrels, frame, sidelocks, or forearm iron. There are an assortment of proof marks on the barrel flats along with the name of the barrel steelmaker which is hard to read but I believe that it reads something close to “Giltinplat Steel N”. The finish is somewhat unusual. The barrels are blued as are most of the frame and the sidelocks. However, the water table, standing breech, and double triggers are case colored. I am guessing that someone reblued the gun over the case coloring but if so how did they protect the water table and standing breech?

The frame is serial numbered “27477”. Each tube carries the serial number “27339” which I assume is the barrelmaker’s number. The bottom rib near the forearm lug is marked “477”.

I have photos in JPEG format but am unable to upload them to this site.

My main interest is to see if anyone can identify the maker or perhaps who the craftsman who made this gun on his own time worked for on his “day” job? Thanks.

Last edited by jdickson397; 04/06/16 08:51 AM.