My standard 20 G target load, for a Parker Trojan, is the lightest published by Alliant Powder.

AA Hull 14.5 20/28 3/4 oz Shot. Clay Buster 1075-20 wad 7,200 lbs @ 1200 fps. Weighing # 8 shot thrown by my 3/4 oz bushing it's a bit lighter than 3/4 oz which should reduce pressure even more.

2nd 20 G load, for a Parker 20 G Hammer gun, Stock wood is suspect so I want less recoil and it's only used on Clay targets at modest range. All same except I go one powder bushing lighter. Weighs at 13.7 Grs. Recoil is lighter than the 14.5 load & performs well on clay targets. No sign of unburned powder residue.

Few side notes. If you are not sure about unburned powder run a patch through the fired bore. Safe place set the patch on fire. any unburned grains will Fizz, obvious it's unburned. No fizz you are burning all the powder. Cold weather to warm could make a difference working on the low edge of burn rate.

AA Hulls are shorter than Remington. I get them at 2 11/16 inch. They are fine in my chambers. Yours may be different, measure and be sure before you use hulls too long which will increase pressure.

Last 3/4 oz is plenty of shot for targets and probably the best way to reduce recoil and pressure , Most of the time I go to a twin of the Parker Trojan in 16 G when I want 7/8 oz. But in the 20 G Trojan Alliant's published 7/8 oz load using AA's and the CB 1078-20 @ 9980 lbs is a mild shooter.

Boats