==================================================================================================
1814 -1835 - Holborn Bars and High Holborn

My last post unless I get a stash of early Reilly serial numbers. Here are changes I've made which can help with dating:

London records prove Reilly opened 12 Middle Row in 1814 and was there till 1835. This is also known as "Holborn above the Bars.". Thus I believe any Reilly with "Holborn Bars" is pre-1835. (316 High Holborn is "above the bars" so I could be mistaken...yet, makers stamp their guns with something identifiable. So until there is more info available, I'll stick to the analysis and with the almost unmistakable evidence - the woodcut of Chancery Lane which has "Holborn Bars" on the top of the building.

London tenancy and voting registration records prove JC Reilly opened the 316 High Holborn address in August 1835 and closed it in March 1847. Thus any gun with the 316 or "High Holborn" address is within this 12 year period.

Changes have been made in the various chronologies above. There are not many data points from this era...but it's a bit more clarity.

Last edited by Argo44; 09/11/18 12:28 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch