Originally Posted By: GaryD007
Who are the "goto" gunsmiths in the US for browning damascus barrels in the correct English finish for English double rifles or shotguns? Thanks!

I know that Kirk Merrington does browning of english damascus barrels, though I have never used him for that. I have used Kirk for other work and I could not be more pleased. Kirk once inspected a gun for me and let me know that it needed restocking and was off face to boot. Had the seller disclosed those issues I never would have considered the gun. In fact the pictures were taken very carefully to conceal the need of restocking. I saw the dealer at the Southern some months later and during the conversation the issue of the need for restocking on that particular gun came up - his reply "well don't they all" in regard to restocking.

So sorry about the original posters issues with the "restoration job." It does look pitiful. So bad in fact it makes me wonder if who supposedly did the work and sent the gun back to the OP was playing with a full deck.

Its boondoggles like this that keep a lot of folks like myself on the sidelines in regard to wanting to fool with project guns.