Wow Tamid, that is too bad. I have had a few guns restored now and have had the work done within Canada. The first double I had restored was a damascus barrel Charles Smith boxlock.It required a lot of work from stock refinishing, checkering recut, barrels refinished, screws recolored/engraved, safety repaired, case coloring redone and it needed new firing pins made which were integral to the hammers. The gun turned out beautifully and at a cost far less than what would have been charged stateside. The woodwork was done by a forum member and before checkering he called to discuss the type of checkering this gun would have had and wanted to make sure that is what I wanted to go with. No guess work. Subsequent stocks I have sent to him have always involved a discussion once he had them in hand. Any issues encountered always end up with him contacting me before proceeding any further. Same with the fellow who does the metal work. To me this is the way it should be done to avoid possible disappointment with the end result.