Bad Checkering

upload a picture

When I purchased the gun there were no firing pins in it and the right side striker/cocking indicator was broke and needed to be built back up or replaced.
What I have now is two every uneven firing pins. The left side protrudes to approximately the right length but the right pin barely protrudes (it is just enough to fire a shell). From the front pictures you can see the pins are not finished the same way. The right pin is blunt and flat, the left seems to have proper contours. The pictures from behind the pins show the right pin is not finished flat and looking at the built up striker shows an indent from the pin. Why isnt the pin finished flat and why is the metal of the built up striker so soft? (I have fired about one box of BP shells out of the right chamber) Even the rear of the pin on the left has a chip in it. I don understand why both pins are not identical.

how to take screenshots

upload pics

image upload with preview

photo hosting

image hosting over 5mb

I asked Kody why the cocking indicators/strikers had not been painted yellow as they should be and as the left one was when sent to him. He insisted he never touched either the right or left cocking indicator/strikers!

Pic of yellow cocking indicator before refinish.

free photo upload

And after refinish

free photo upload

Kody was to reblue the top lever, triggers, trigger guard and all scews except those on the face of the side plates. He totally missed the screws holding on the butt plate on both the Sumners and Ideal. And the screw holding the top lever has new bugger on it.

picture share

Last edited by Tamid; 02/26/16 02:22 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.