I'll add one more vote for the Goldenrod in a gun safe. One friend has a very large safe that is in his unheated/ un-air conditioned garage, and a Golderod inside keep his guns from rusting. That was enough to convince me. While not in a Southern climate, we do get several months of humid weather in the summer. I also like RIG for long term storage, and have had good luck with Eezox, Ballistol, Hoppes Gun Oil, and numerous other brands when I am diligent enough to do periodic maintenance. And I acquired many large bags of Silica Gel desiccant which also works great if you remember to bake it once in a while to drive off the moisture. I have a couple guns stored in VPI or Vapor Phase Inhibitor bags that are remaining rust free even though they are past the advertised expiration date. VPI seems like an interesting concept, but I wonder about the long term health effects of having those vapors in your home.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.