I wonder if anyone has tried gluing on with the old style Instrument makers glue?...the stuff that comes in little pellets that you have to double boil..made from Hooves n Hides (or Elbows n A Holes)..its got a fair whiff to it!
I am sure the old time makers used the same stuff, probably the best they had at that time.
I play the fiddle ,& just had my go to fiddle worked on, but my mate got that top off with judicial use of heat n steam in short order...also the neck had to come off, no big deal to him...he did his stuff & glued her up just lovely with that Hide glue.
You have to use a glue that you can undo to repair or your screwed nexttime work is needed
But i think this type of glue might need to soak into both pieces to work, the stock side would be fine being porous, but Im not sure how it would stick to the shiny, smooth plastic pad base?
I think it might not do so well, but its a big surface area, with mostly just recoil squeezing the glue joint together, not any pulling apart force..Scuff it up some , but not near the edge, I guess?
cheers
franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 02/11/16 06:13 PM.