Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, there are numerous reports of lead fragments in sick and dead eagles. WAY more than just one study....

....Lead in any meat is going to cause "food safety questions" . . . mostly by those who don't eat it. And by those in the health industry. The ND study on lead levels in humans came about as a result of a study in which 53 out or 95 packets of ground venison donated to food pantries contained lead fragments. As a result the ND Dept of Health temporarily halted distribution of venison to food pantries. Like I said, guys who hunt with lead bullets have an issue to deal with. Not throwing them under the bus; simply allowing those who've done more research in that area than I have and who know more about it to present their views in case someone proposes a lead bullet ban.

Larry, you're a hoot. I can't believe you continually say that lead bullet hunters 'have a problem to deal with'. Then, say it's okay to shoot birds with lead. On big things it's easier to lop off the part that looks shot, not so practical on smaller birds, but you made a blanket statement about 'lead in any meat is...', not good. You've given me a bunch of advice, how about some in return. Try to word smith about the joys of the uplands without repeating how many problems the other folks that hunt have.

I have a little nit picking about your first comment. I keyed in on one study because you had said to check the FWS for conspiracies and you started to throw a few percentages around. So, I believe I found the source of your figures, and I believe I pointed out some significant concerns, but it didn't matter to you.

For a fun exercise on agendas, take a look at the FWS lead-n-eagles dying study. I had mentioned the undisclosed 'data' that they helped themselves to from SOAR. Take a look at the 107 lead fragment gut pile xray. If that was from a true 'hunt', that poor deer must have had every orifice shot out, and the whole pile stuck in a blender. But, it plays better than one or two microchips that an eagle would urp up with the big hair ball anyway. You know, they study those things to determine what the eagles in the area had been eating, I wonder if there's xrays of 'em to show that insignificant, incidental lead is actually expelled? I'm waiting on the good folks at DW, will you take on that study?