One last question Larry. If you really feel that we should be demanding good science and absolute proof that it is lead from bullet fragments or lead shot that is poisoning some birds, then why in hell are you digging deep for every excuse you can imagine or theorize to prove to us that lead ammunition absolutely is a problem?

How can I politely say this? I was trying to use rationale and reason and not simply be blunt. When I was talking about hunters and shooters who shoot us, and themselves, in the foot by repeating agenda driven anti-lead ammunition data, theories, and junk science, I was hoping you'd finally see that is exactly what you are doing. You aren't helping our side at all. Better that you should do nothing at all. You aren't related to King Brown, are you? King actually claims that he is on our side and is helping us when he denigrates and undermines the 2nd Amendment, criticizes the very successful strategies of the NRA, and supports extreme anti-gunners like Obama. You can't make this shit up! Thanks.

I think the complete unedited official statement on Sport Hunting from Audobon speaks for itself. I wonder why you only showed us the the good parts? King does that kind of stuff too. He calls it "the craft of journalism." I call it disingenuous when I'm feeling particularly benevolent. I call it much worse when I am in my normal B.S. Flag throwing mode.

Oh, one last thing. Heavy objects do not necessarily sink into the soil as the earth freezes and thaws. And heavy objects in the water like gold bars and coins from sunken ships are often churned out of the silt by waves and storms where they are found centuries later by treasure hunters. Artifact hunters frequently find Indian spear and arrow heads that work their way back to the surface. I have found some myself in fields that hadn't been plowed for years. I frequently hit good sized rocks that pop up out of the ground after the winter when I am mowing with my brush hog. I almost totally ruined one brush hog when I hit a beach ball sized chunk of granite that was 3/4 exposed, but not at all visible the summer before. The blades got forced upward into the deck and sliced an arc 2/3 of the way around before the shear pin on the drive shaft broke. That was a heavy old New Holland Brush Cutter, not one of those thin cheap imports. It actually stalled the 45 HP tractor before I could disengage the PTO. It took lots of welding to fix that one. Other rocks that surfaced eventually beat it to death and it has been scrapped and replaced with a Woods. If you hunt, you've probably seen piles of rocks at field edges and fence rows that farmers take off of their fields over the years.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.