Shot a charity event yesterday. 50 bird course with my 1880's Army&Navy back action hammer gun. 2 bad mounts and a few missed targets but still ended strong with a good score. Cheddite primed paper hulls 2.75 inch. 76 grains of Old Eynsford 2 fg, .125 hard nitro card, two 1/4inch felt wads, one 1/8inch felt wad, topped with another .125 hard card. 1 oz. of 7.5 shot, overshot card and roll crimped. Following squad members asked "What the hell are you shooting?" (loud report and lot's of smoke). I did load the hard cards with the radius edge down and the sharp edge up. I think this had some scraping ability on the fouling and the felt gave a good gas seal. 20+ shots down each barrel and the tubes were very clean. Light fouling and still a bit bright! I fired two shots down each barrel with light smokeless RST loads at the last station just to burn out some fouling and make clean up easier when I got home. I could have easily completed the whole course with these loads. Old Eynsford burns very clean with light/soft fouling. This will be my standard go to load for 2.75 chambered guns. I also loaded some trimmed 2.5 inch Cheddite papers .125 hard nitro card, two 1/4 inch felt wads, one .070 hard card for use in my 2.5 inch chambered guns and will give them a run next time out. Very good outing with good friends and a nice gun!

Last edited by Eric 375; 12/08/15 10:27 AM.