"one could get injured in doing yard work and be forced to miss some or all of the seasons."

You sure have that right Friend! Moved to SC and inherited a large wooden deck in desperate need of a mildew wash; which job was eventually tackled after weeks of constant "encouragement" from my wife. In the process I managed to slip and fall, broke my right femur at the hip joint; and haven't been able to do much of anything physically demanding since, especially hunting. That little mishap took place two plus years ago now, and the only hunting I can do these days is the "sit down" type (a couple of dove shoots and a deer hunt or two; can't even walk around in the woods w/o falling, the very thought of falling the source of nightmares now). Even have difficulty shooting skeet, as I lose my balance on recoil. In short, as I have always been a very active person who lived for outdoor adventures, these past two years have been no fun. So heed these yard work admonitions and believe me when I tell you that, if I could have a do-over of that fateful Saturday afternoon in October, 2013; I'd gladly pay a pro to wash that deck. Whatever the cost would have been a drop in the bucket to the surgery and doctor bills that resulted; and oh what I would have given to have avoided the pain and struggle to become "normal" again!

But please keep posting these great pics and hunting stories, as they are thoroughly enjoyed; and bring back so many memories of those great times enjoyed afield.