Originally Posted By: keith
Is it accurate to call a gun "Minty" when the barrels are patina, the buttstock is scratched, the triggerguard and forearm escutcheons have almost zero blue remaining, and the case colors are 50% at best, and completely gone on the underside of the action? The auction description says 90%+ Case Colors. Really? He admits this "Minty" gun has an ill fitting replacement buttplate.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504006904

I'd like to know so that I can use the same condition criteria with a clear conscience when the time comes to sell some of my guns. Perhaps this gun was wiped down with peppermint oil, hence the "Minty" description???

I wonder also, how many here would be content to attend a farm, auto, machinery, or art auction where the same items were put on the block for years without selling?

Ahhh, a poster with a brain..........and good eye sight.

1.)mikeej99 makes ed good look like the Salvation Army on pricing.

2.)mikeej99 has the worst pictures on gun broker next to "sly". Dark, one sided views only etc.

3.)mikeej99's phony props and pool table with billiard balls and books doesn't fool anybody with a brain, all b.s.

4.)BUT....there is an ass for every seat...so knock yourself out.

I called the guy once and he was extremely rude....and that was over six years ago....I would not buy anything from this seller.

Best,

Doug