Mike,
Why is this ad marked with "Let the grade debate begin"?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504804317

There is no debate needed. The gun is a P18 grade Darne, built between the wars. In the age of the world wide web, it wouldn't take much to figure out what you are selling.
Lots of dealers will give you the "I don't know what grade it is" BS, but, the thing I always notice is they have no problem advertising it as the highest grade they ever heard of, usually calling something that isn't a V, a V.
And trying to get the highest price they ever witnessed on a V.

There is a huge problem with a Darne that is cracked through the wrist. While the crack may look "tight" it soon won't be if the gun is used. That is because there is a wood screw that holds the wood to the action, and it won't be tight if the wood is cracked. Trying to tighten it will make the crack spread. Leaving it loose and shooting it will also make the crack spread. Sometimes it can be glued, but, I know of a lot more failures than success stories in that endeavor. A gun built by the Bruchets, after they took over, has that little design flaw fixed, with a conventional through bolt, a 10mm hex head bolt is under the buttplate.
Wood problems on a Darne are a deal breaker. To me, anyway.
If you are interested in hearing what is wrong with the Tobin, the one with the lever way left of center, let me know. Some guys would believe that it is just off face, and it might be, but, it is usually way worse than that.

Best,
Ted