You're sounding like the little fella, Craig. Where did I demonize the NRA, please? I identified a sharp tongue, unwise and emotional NRA response that would put its membership and gun ownership in a bad light---and it did.

Responsible organizations welcome comment to make them more accountable to their membership and, in this case, to the general public. They consider public interest and constructive criticism the highest compliment to their activities.

When they blow it, as the NRA did with Sandy Hook, those who are not concerned with the NRA's role and influence on public opinion let it go, or approve of it as the little fella did. The NRA to me is an important gun lobby, not a political party.

I wrote to the NRA and McCain some years ago with advice on how Canadians pushed back the antis. You may agree that's more pro-gun than being a fifth column within the NRA, deliberately dividing our shooting fraternity on political lines and making waste of all that money he brags of donating to NRA.

Taking a position and voting polar opposite is not only possible but common. Romney's 47 per cent, a totally unexpected campaign issue, and Canada's current scandal involving the Senate and the Prime Minister Office, changed conservative loyalties in both countries.

Changing minds is not moronic.