Members may be aware that American and Canadian pilots and aircraft owners are required to carry survival kits---including long guns and pistols---in wilderness areas. In general, they can transport firearms from any place where they can lawfully possess and carry such firearms to any other place where they can do the same thing: possess and carry. The RCMP website www.rcmp.gc.ca not only confirms this but adds that a professional licensed trapper as myself may also transport a pistol. Both the Firearms Act and the Aeronautics Act provides the privilege. From the RCMP website:

"In general, the only firearms allowed for wilderness protection are non-restricted rifles and shotguns. The following individuals, provided they are Canadian residents and have a licence that allows them to possess restricted firearms, may be authorized to carry a handgun or restricted long gun for wilderness protection: licensed professional trappers, and
individuals who need protection from wild animals while working at their lawful occupation, most often in a remote wilderness location."

I have been a licensed pilot for nearly 60 years, an aircraft owner for more than 50. A constant companion in its leather-bound strapped case is a Savage 24 .22-20 gauge. I forgot to remove a pistol attending Oshkosh in '83, a no-no mentioned here a week or so ago. I also carried a pistol illegally in my fishing kit for decades in every part of Canada when you could buy a new Ruger for $35 and the law left you alone if you acted responsibly. It still does.

As for the RCMP, I work with The Force, at its request. My family has held senior responsibilities and relationships with it for 80 years. Keet's fulminations remind me of his twin Jim's pestering the police with preposterous notions of the school massacre as staged event, a hoax to distract everyone from the devil incarnate Obama! The RCMP and I are doing just fine, thank you.