Zapper, I'm truly sorry if I have insulted you with regard to your questions. Lets try once more.

The subject gun is a first year of manufacture 1909 16ga Browning Semiautomatic A-5 with a three digit serial number. All Belgian Brownings were manufactured by Fabrique Nationale of Herstal, Belgium under contract with John M. Browning. That alone makes it extremely rare and collectible to Browning enthusiasts. The embellishment and upgrades, including special steel, solid rib, fore end braces, and 100% engraving (all original and factory in my opinion) just add to the interest and value. Kind of like a Grand American Winchester 21 as opposed to a field grade.

The added on recoil pad just says "Whiteline" and was not original to the gun. It does NOT appear to me from inspecting the gun that the stock was cut to install the pad because the original curve of the butt remains

Finally, if there is any 'subterfuge' and competition involved among the possible buyers, I'll let you work that out for yourself. The owner came to me and asked for my opinion and with the help of the forum here I have done some research and expressed to him my personal opinion of the originality and value of a unique gun...Geo