Originally Posted By: Brian
Cherry Bomb,
no, that's not my logic. Do you pas by the gas station selling gas for 2.95 a gallon and go to the station next to it and pay 2.80 ? probably. But if 2.95 was the only gas there was, you would buy it. same here. I know I can buy RST at 10 a box. But I can buy AA a whole lot cheaper and since I don't reload, a 35-40% savings adds up quick; by way of allowing me to shoot more for the same money.
besides the point that a number of distributors wont sell to NY Dealers. I am an FFL holder and still there are guys who wont ship to me.
I can get Win AA low recoil from my distributor no problem. so its not just price, its also availability. remember , this is NY.
not being cheap, being practical. and I have no Scots blood in my family tree.

I'm with you on the savings. I'm also in NY and it sucks getting factory loads that are not available locally. I'm sure glad I reload so I can tailor my loads for the use. Guys at the club ask me why I shoot 7/8 oz loads in the 12 ga. for skeet when they are all shooting 1 1/8 oz and say they are more effective. Just shoot a 20 ga. they tell me. Plus Remington gun clubs are so close to what I can load a box of shells for. My loads break them just as much as everyone else but just not as hard. But I can load 100 more shells per bag of shot. Side advantage they are easy on the shooter too.

Last edited by Woody402; 07/03/15 10:02 PM.