I've been trying to figure out whether my Joseph lang back action has an intercepting sear without removing the locks.I have looked at many pictures of various lock designs and have concluded the following: All 9-pin locks have an intercepting sear. My Lang has 9-pins not counting the screws that hold the lock to the gun. One gentleman that responded to my previous post stated that a pin only had 2 functions( 1 is to provide an axle or shaft for a part to rotate on or 2 a pin or screw to hold a part in place. Using this assumption a 9-pin lock has 3 shafts(axles) which are: 1 is for the tumbler to rotate on, the second is for the sear to rotate on and the third is for the intercepting to rotate on. The six pins that are remaining are to hold lock components in place. The six pins are for the following. Three are screws used to secure the bridle and the remaining three are screws or pins to secure the three springs(main,sear and intercepting sear). A 7-pin lock does not have the shaft(axle) or the pin or screw required for the intercepting sear. A bar action lock has the same pin functions as stated above-the parts are just assembled in a different way. Conclusion-all 9-pin locks have an intercepting sear and all 7-pin locks do not. In this discussion none of the screws to hold the lock onto the gun are included. This conclusion is only viable where all pins are visible from the outside. Please comment on your thoughts about my conclusions on this subject. All the pictures on either back action or bar action locks seem to point to these conclusions. Am I all wet?