Originally Posted By: mergus
Hi Again....if your cyl bore gun does what I think it will with those steel loads, it'll probably pattern tighter than what you expect from a cyl choke. Steel shot doesn't deform going through cone-barrel-choke, so when it comes out the muzzle, it's usually more of an improved cyl choke. One last thing, from one who has used a bolt gun jump shooting, watch the looks on your buddies face(s) as you load the clip into the bottom of the gun. the look of surprise is pretty good smile

Mergus

Thanks.

This is the answer. I'll use my Mossberg. It'll be nice to get the old girl "back in service" and honor the memory of my Grandfather as well.

I agree, the anti-lead issue is of dubious science and is mainly an anti-hunting and therefore an anti-firearms issue. From now on, I'll use the OTLS designation.

So much for my Hollenbeck Grade 1, with the light frame size, being my "New Snipe Gun". It'll just have to be my Grouse gun instead..

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 05/23/15 10:38 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.