Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
The only issue with the W&S 700 series is that they don't make them any more so you have to do a little searching to find the configuration & dimensions that will work for you.

I have a friend who would have agreed with you.

Until the first shot of the first day of opening pheasant season, in 2012. When his 700 became a not-so-good deal single shot. And remained that way for two years.

Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one. Facts, are different.

Best,
Ted

Ted, I was talking with a friend the other day about guns that break. He's a fan of German guns. I pointed out to him that I bought one several years ago that I really liked. Bought it knowing it had a broken striker--and Sauers have a reputation of being pretty tough guns. 2 year repair . . . I'd say that's the owner's fault. Ask the gunsmith when you're likely to get it back. Del Whitman fixed mine. More like a 2 month repair.

And which one of Kyrie's treasures do you really think is a good buy at the listed price?? There are good deals out there on inexpensive Spanish guns, but you need to exercise caution. If you stick with DT/extractors--like your Uggie (and the AyA made for Sears I picked up not too long ago)--that eliminates a couple potential problem areas. If you're going to go cheap, go no frills. And unless you're really lucky, you buy an older gun with disk-set strikers, you're still going to have to find a gunsmith who will make new ones for you. Uggie/AyA, you might luck out and be able to get parts . . . maybe. Or my friend's 2" Arrieta . . . that broke strikers almost immediately. Otherwise, you're probably in the same boat I was in when one of my Army & Navy pair from the 30's broke disk-set strikers. New ones had to be made, and that also takes time.