I don't know where any old Spanish guns are, Larry. But, I'm not ready to say they don't exist simply because I haven't seen them, or don't know where they are. It wasn't that many years ago that we were seeing really beat up model 30s, and other Spanish guns, that were clearly 1940s vintage guns, at super low prices, that jive pretty well with Kyrie's explanation of the tax that was levied on gun ownership in Spain.
I'd be willing to bet that most integral striker/tumbler guns will never fail. But, that doesn't mean I am willing to be holding the bag when one does. That is a complex little part, it takes the gun out of commission on one side, and it will cost just as much for Abe Chaber, or Kirk Merrington, or some other good 'smith to hog one out for an SKB as it would for a Westley Richards, or a 700.
No thanks.
By the way, Larry, I think my gun is right around 6 lbs 7 ozs. It is light enough that I'd never consider letting a 3" round go off in it, not while I was holding it, anyway. I had it vetted and the stock bent when I got it, and this gun is all about practicality. I wouldn't have done those things to a 700, because they cost too much for what they are, which, is really just a generic boxlock, albeit, one made in England.
No problems with mine, Greg, but, like I said, I had it vetted. Did you do that with yours?

Best,
Ted