Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
Mike, I'd love to see you argue that point with anyone on Beacon Hill in my state of Massachusetts, where a strange new fascism of a "progressive" sort is quietly taking the reigns of government.

How about this one? Regular Deer season in MA. Shotguns only, pumps and semiautos allowed. You can also use a BP Muzzleloader rifle, as you still can, of course, during Muzzleloading, or Primitive Arms, season. HOWEVER: The muzzleloader used in both seasons must have one barrel ONLY.

So the guys with the pumps and semi's get to have multiple shots but the guy with the muzzleloader only gets to have one shot.

(Please, I'm begging everyone to refrain from posting about the speed with which the minutemen and Civil War guys could fire and load 3 times in a minute. Thank You.)

I would like someone, however, to give me the reasoning and/or point out the wisdom in THAT law as well.

I would look into those 19th century Germanic O/U "flip barrel" muzzle loaders.
It would not be fast enough for second shot, but less reloading and whole lot more interesting than single barrel muzzle loader. At one time Cabela's carried reproductions of that design in their then paper catalogs.