Hello everyone,

I have a shotgun, purchased by my family over 100 years ago, in Egypt, while the Brits were building Suez canal. I do not know was the purchase made via catalog, or in some local shop controlled by treaty of Suez.

My grandfather died when my father was only few years old, and my father lived until 90,( born 1915) hence it was I who now has to figure out aprox dating and info!

the gun has marks DC, on both parts, Serials that match, and the barrel has a stamp AF. I assume, that Jean Batiste, prior of opening canon delcour, made and sold guns but purchased barrels from Francotte?

I looked and looked at the pictures on this forum re: fluid steel, sklep, laminated, ...the more I looked, the more I got confused. The barrel does not have color. It looks like steel,and you can barely see grains of twist/coil, or something?

As the gun was purchased in Suez, could it be some of the English versions of the steel? Or if it was purchased via catalog, who assembled the gun?

Finally, the dates do not match. If Canon Delcour opened business in 1920, it looks we got the gun, posthumunusly..which does not make sense.

There is some engraving, and the gun looks good...

It is not for sale.

If someone can help, would appreciate, thanks

Last edited by bgdlive; 12/12/14 03:47 PM.