[quote=waterman] To me, the really significant part is the scholarship and research, the effort made to track down each piece, not just guns, but all the accessories and tools.
Every bit of it had to be a lot of fun for Michael.
With Michael's passing and now the auction, the curtains are closing on on one heck of a show. Of the hundreds of millions of people in the world of the internet, how many are there who are even capable of understanding what we have lost?/quote]

I don't see it that away at all. Michael's research lives on in his books, every day someone new shows up here attracted to this subject as this is the Only place to find Any info. They are lurking right this minute.
The curtains are opened, the collection dispersed to many other collections as seeds are sown to grown into new collectors with renewed passion for things made by thoughtful men with care and precision.
These guns are simply too precious to evaporate, someone will always desire to own them. Just because you and I are dying it doesn't mean it's over…

Every single item that Joe sells on eBay goes into an existing collection or is the budding of a new collection. This is the beginning, IMHO…
In the past couple of decades many long held collections have been broken up and dispersed to become the guns in our collections today. So it goes...

Michael's greatest concern was for his research papers. Terry, do you have any notion what the plans are for that material?

Last edited by SDH-MT; 10/30/14 11:42 AM.