Salopian,I went back to 8/26,Glad to hear that Reg Wallin is well. For the Gent from Anchorage,AK. Yes it was Reg and his late partner Bob Wallin that Re-built both the'Bastardized' Sidlocks on the Purdey I re-stocked for you.WHAAT...1991..Naah me ole cocker,aint that bledin long errgo....Ken Hunt add airr back then!!!Wonder if anyone on this G/S/site Remembers Nubs Fashingbauer,Lac Du Flambau, Wisconsin(Scuse Spellin of Indian Names) Nubs was a Top Notch' Stocker.I worked on several 'Jobs' with him 1967-70.He gave me a little jar of 'RED STUFF"to put into my 'Stock-oil'Really did the 'Trick',so much so I took some back to my Alma Mater on South Audley Street and Harry Lawrence mixed it into some linseed oil, and 'Yes' it was a perfect match to the Alkanet Root colour! Nuff Said!!!!Didnot know just what the 'RedStuff' was till my Friend Lou T. who was reading this thread on alkanet this AM. said the small container he gave me some time ago was OIL RED'O'. A dye used to colour Gasoline in the Military, Years ago!!!And thats whats in the Fahingbauer jar!Deadly stuff to get on the Skin, stays for days..weeks!Looks great on Walnut..I restocked a Shoulder-Stock for a Colt Navy 1851 years ago, Matched the original colt grips colour 100% Since saw the 'All Original Set'go under the scrutiny of a panel of 'Experts' prior to a change of ownership...I dont think any eyebrows were raised at all!!..I was led to belive by a Antique's Expert(now polishing granite from the under-side in a London cemetery)He had done his time as finisher at a couple of the Named Gunmakers' that Both John& Joe Manton used the Filings from old railway'Rails'left in Vinegar for a great period,being agitated often,(Friday was 'Cod& 6 pennyworth day) and after 3 pints of "Best",I'm sure some of the contents from the Jar got sprinkeled over the Cod & Chips!!Xchisel.