I picked the gun up this morning. It is a Feg of course instead of a Brno, although the maker's name appears nowhere on the visible part of the gun upon dis-assembly. The only name on it is Monte Carlo Imperial on both sides of the frame. It still has the removable ejector box which is pretty nifty.

It is dated 62. Other marks on the barrel flats include 17.6 and 18 which I presume are either barrel weights or bore diameters? It is stamped "NO BULLET" which denotes choke I'd guess, and "SMOKELESS POWDER". There is a 12 over 70 inside a diamond showing gauge and chamber length. The barrel flats also have the numbers 1605 and 23526 on the left and right respectively.

I was surprised at the lack of country origin, but the barrel flats do show the Hungarian "helmet with an I inside it" proof mark.There are no marks on the action flats other than the serial number and "smokeless powder".

Any idea what the bolsters under the fences are for? There are screws on the action flat which appear to go into the bolsters...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 09/19/14 03:41 PM. Reason: added picture