ed, are you really going to deny that you have many times called for restrictions on semi-autos and high capacity magazines such as Jagermeisters AKM with his 30 rd. mags.? And didn't you also say you are concerned about the large number of guns in the U.S.? And didn't you question the definition of "arms" in the Second Amendment and say that "arms" did not mean firearms... and that the only arms covered would be .69 and .75 cal. muskets? (That's one part you edited out, but we remember) How about the Militia ed? Haven't you been dissecting the Militia of the Second Amendment looking for some way to say it no longer exists... even though the Supreme Court recognizes it and a pre-existing individual right to bear arms for both personal and national defense?

Originally Posted By: ed good
brian: yep, that seems to do it. but, it don't clearly define what the unorganized militia consists of...so that is left to interpretation in the context of a "well regulated militia".

in the context of the times, a well regulated militia, could be defined as local volunteer militia companies, organized by captains holding state commissions. guess the closes thing we have to that today are volunteer fire companies...

too bad, it don't say somewhere that the militia also consists of citizen civilians, who are not necessarily well regulated. you know, like guys like me.

Originally Posted By: ed good
brian: it aint the type of weapons that bother me so much as it is the high numbers of them that are now in the hands of the public...about a half dozen north eastern states have severe restrictions on the possession of hand guns. I see you are from ny as was I until 1998. so, we are both familiar with the Sullivan law...in my opinion, laws that restrict ownership of firearms are geared to limit the number of firearms in the hands of the general public. the theory being, that if there are less guns out there, then there will be less misuse of guns...logically, that makes sense to me. but, one could also use that same logic to limit public possession of other things that are misused, such as automobiles. now, that would be an even harder sell than gun control.

Are you either that dishonest or are you that stupid that you don't even know or remember what you post here? Skim over your posts in this thread and show us where I'm wrong.

I didn't call Jagermeister an anti-gunner ed. But he too would have to be either dishonest or very stupid to not see the anti-Second Amendment beliefs that you, King, and several other trolls ascribe to. And King too... there's another honest Boy Scout who claims he has never seen an anti-gun guy anywhere on this Forum.

So just what do you call a liar?

I don't expect you to answer this ed. I just wanted to show folks how dishonest or mentally ill you and your fellow anti-gunners are.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.