Buzz, I agree with Jim and canvasback. And most of the recent off topic threads that obviously belonged in Misfires were initiated by those who would complain about a Second Amendment topic in a heartbeat.

And since their threads are fare for Misfires, I feel we should be able make a plug for gun rights and the NRA whenever they decide to pollute the DoubleGun forum with their off-topic crap and whining. That'll get them moved to Misfires in a hurry... like this one just did.

In fact, the last few Second Amendment threads which managed to survive in the DoubleGun forum for any length of time were kept very civil and informative by the guys who favor seeing those important topics on the front page. If you pay attention to who makes a fuss about gun rights topics, and also pay attention to their politics, it becomes obvious that most are intent upon silencing any criticism of their extreme anti-gun candidates. Many of them would be thrilled to eliminate Misfires completely for just that very reason. They are outnumbered by pro-gun conservatives. Now who woulda thunk that on a shotgun website??? The rest just don't want to see any mud-slinging, but we seem to always get that anyway. And if you'll notice, those threads which get a little contentious always seem to have the most views... by a wide margin.

The folks who say they can't stand seeing them also can't seem to stop reading them. I'm not sure how we explain that. Hypocrisy perhaps?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.