Originally Posted By: jonathan
some time ago (+-2009)you posted photos and queries regarding a fine E M Reilly side by side. This gun was owned by me and put up for Auction on Holts in about 2007. I live in Cape Town, South Africa and purchased it in 1998 from a guy in Port Elizabeth who in turn had purchased it at an auction in Johannesburg many years ago. So don't have much to add other than that the gun spent many years in South Africa. I used it on a few occasions for pigeon shooting and on the skeet range.

What a lovely post and thank you Jonathan. This was the thread -

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...7072#Post157072

I had no idea of the rich and fascinating heritage of that Reilly, and the fact it had lived overseas for so long belies its immaculate condition. I am ashamed to say I no longer own the gun - I really enjoyed owning it and used it for 3 shooting seasons here in the UK; I ultimately sold it 2 years ago, via Diggory Hadoke, to a very nice American who resides in Houston and I'm told still uses the gun in the field. However, it was too nice to sit around - and I wanted to use the funds from its sale to purchase my Boxall and Edmiston last year (a 14 month process from specification to final delivery).

I was proud to be a custodian of the Reilly and hope it continues to outlast its (many) owners.