By way of brief update, and after having used my Boxall and Edmiston for the past 8 months, I am delighted and remain very much proud of the gun but also in the underlying decision to go this route.

The market reaction to date has been very positive (see various online reviews from the shooting press) for the products B&E is making, and the order book remains very healthy - enough to now see waiting lists of 18mths which is encouraging not only for them but for the British gun trade in more general terms.

I won't deny there have been some minor teething issues early on in my ownership (sticky ejector fixed, original outsourced blacking poor so re-done completely in-house at no charge), but I expected this given it was the 2nd O/U they had made; in addition, I had the confidence in B&E that the personal service offered would ensure any issues were rapidly rectified which has been the case. B&E are also very much open-all-hours, so when I had feedback or issues arose, I could simply pick up the phone, discuss it, and know it would be fixed. Not always the case with a gun, and even for some at greater price points.

As mentioned previously, these aren't for everyone. I fully accept that these are not hand-made Purdeys or Boss' or that they have machine-engraving (instead of hand-engraving) as per some recent posts/comments. However, at the price point offered, they remain a very cohesive option when placed against comparable offerings, and I for one have no regrets.