Originally Posted By: JimfromTrafalgar
I recently asked a seller a question about bore condition on an old pre-Mark I Ruger. He answered back that he had looked over the bore, and decided it was in bad shape. He felt he should have added that to the description but hadn't thought of looking first. There were bids placed. He could not add to the description either. We talked back and forth with him finally deciding his only proper course of action was to let the winning bidder know before he shipped. I don't actually know that he did, but he sure sounded sincere.

I had a similar experience. In my spirit of typing excellence I listed a gun as a 26 gauge. It was a 28. There were bids and I could not add or modify anything. When the auction closed the buyer had thought it was a 20, and did not want the 28. I told him no problem at all, my fault, sorry. I reported the buyer did not complete purchase after finding out more details after close of auction, no bad on buyer, and relisted the gun. No harm, no foul, and not even any post traumatic stress syndrome.