The Ithaca assembled guns have less precise fitting and also the stocks are just not a slim as the earlier Lefevers. You know one when you see it is the best explanation I can give you. Without factory records it comes down to a matter of opinions about what and when things were made and by whom. The later guns are a drop off in quality for sure.

Perhaps we just need to disagree on this one because Lefever owners tend to have very strong views of what they know and believe. I have only spent about ten years learning about Lefevers so make no claim as to being an expert, but some here have spent four or five decades and I defer to their viewpoints. I do think Dr. Bob is right in why the Durstons sold Lefever to Ithaca. Again I wonder if any inventory of stock and parts on hand was ever recorded at the time of sale? treasure beyond count that list may be if ever found. Perhaps some agreement was filed with the State of NY at the time of sale so the state could get their taxes from the sale of Lefever. Even then states ran on paper and taxes.