Now Ivory is on the "banned list of rare and endangered" things. well truth is it has been for several years. Many woods have been on this same type of list for several years. Raids on guitar makers have happened. I have a small pile of scrap ivory I have bought over the years and while I am not afraid of using it in projects I no longer would be willing to sell it to others. You can still give it away but soon possession will be a problem.

There is no way on Earth to prove where or when small pieces of ivory came from and this action is intended to take advantage of that. There are no serial numbers on ivory and ivory age is very hard to prove. The source, and if legal when and how harvested, are often untraceable and impossible to verify. You are guilty until proven innocent.

As to how you prove what you have is legal that is another question. If you commit a sex crime or kill someone you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. If you have a scrap of ivory you guilty until proven otherwise. I guess words written the US Constitution are fading with light and time. The world is upside down. Not to wish my little remaining life away but I can not wait for these people to leave office. Can not wait and I know the next group may be worse.