Maybe I haven't read things correctly, but a couple of points you mentioned in your initial post makes me think there is some misunderstanding about the shotgun.

You mention the 3 position safety and that you've seen it referred to as the "Block Safety". The 3 position safety was used on the Batavia line guns but they also used a 2 position safety on guns in that same timeframe (I have a mid-production Batavia Special with that safety, but also have an earlier production Leader that employs a 2 position safety). However, the 3 position safety does not indicate the gun has the hammer block safety that was used on the Baker line of shotguns (my Special has that safety but not the hammer block mechanism).

You also mention the bolt through the barrel lug as being "spring loaded". The draw bolt that was used on the Baker line of guns was simply a tool steel block fitted through the barrel lug and mated into a recess in the water table. There was no spring or moving mechanism used for this feature. Is it possible that you're referring to the small pin that slides through the barrel lug parallel to the barrels and engages the cocking lever? Some of these were spring loaded and some simply slid freely depending on year of production.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your descriptions, but hoping to help clear up confusion where I can.