Originally Posted By: Snipe Hunter
Originally Posted By: King Brown
On that point of feeding predators and scavengers---and how poorly do we shoot?---around here bald eagles roost near where they see active blinds and gunners.

If you haven't got good retrievers or boat nearby, eagles snatch cripples before we can get to them. When I become king I'm proclaiming regulation requiring dogs for waterfowl hunting.

I hope that would be a local requirement. Every now and then a story goes around about someone losing a dog on one of the local lakes. The image of seeing an alligator eating a beloved pet is enough that I would be willing to break that law. My dog only hunts with me on the coldest days when the chances of encountering either a gator or cottonmouth are diminished.

Snipe Hunter, are you suggesting more rules and regulations taking the place of common sense? What is wrong with the Bald Eagles snatching a few cripples?

King said boat or dog. I don't hunt where King does but I spent decades hunting waterfowl with neither. Requires thoughtfulness and commitment. I didn't lose many. I'd rather a few predators feast on cripples than add to the overwhelming level of regulation we are already subject to.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia