Quote:
I cant count the number of times I flushed a bird and swung and tracked it and shot and shot again and watched t drop, after branches were shredded and leaves fluttered to the ground. Its not like hunting ducks or pheasants or quail or Huns or Sharpies. I may be biased but thats how I see it. I generally shoot about 3 shells for each bird I get. I shoot clays once or twice a year , not because I dont want to but because of the other things in my life that I have to do.

Brian,

Different venues definitely offer different problems as far as shot placement. Chasing Bobwhites in Black Jack timber or thick Sumac doesn't guarantee dinner as does some of the mucky conditions I've shot Woodcock in.
Most all of us (that hold down a permanent job) have a plenty of constraints on our fun time. I used to shoot rifles predominantly, High Power, Small Bore. Scheutzen and Black Powder..I was decent at most. Several years ago my focus switched to clays and have had decent success at that. Consequently my rifle shooting has suffered. I'd like to do it all at a high level but as already mentioned there are plenty of other things to address. Personally, at this juncture in my life Clays has my main attention for leisure time with the added benefit of improving my game shooting.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....