Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Should the word "Classic" and "American gun" really ever be used in the same sentence together?
If you are into Grandma Moses, hey, go for it, but, the Mona Lisa came from elsewhere.

This comment was posted this on this thread in the "For Sale" section: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352786#Post352786

Didn't want to hijack the thread so I started this one.

If you don't think that an O frame Parker sixteen gauge with 26" isn't a classic American bobwhite gun what can I say. And I own a little Parker AHE 20 with 26" barrels, 5-3/4 pounds, that was purpose made for Southern bobwhites. I also have a 5-3/4 pound Parker BHE that was ordered to be cylinder and modifed, the classic combination for hunting over pointing dogs. It is also barreled at 26".

How can a Fox HE not be a classic American gun? And an eight pound Winchester 21 with Beavertail forend and single trigger, as classic and American as a Harley Davidson Electra Glide.

Nothing personal Ted, just trying to stir some interest on a slow Sunday when I am sick at home.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/12/14 02:51 PM.

I am glad to be here.