Thanks skeettx and L. Brown.

I originally read the Kp/c as kilopascal without a clue as to what a pascal was! When I looked up the conversion to Kgs and bars I realised at once that I was way out of line. However I think that there has been some loss in translation from the Spanish in the proof marks table kindly provided by skeettx. At the same time I am not sure the 1200 Kg/c (it must be kgs per centimeter squared)refers to the proof pressure viz:

From that packet it appears the proof pressure for CIP Superior Proof is 1370 bar. This is approx. 19870 psi which sounds more like it.

The markings on the cartridges for these and other European 3' magnum cartridges say max pressure 1050 bar as do US cartridges. 1200 Kg/sq.cm is approx: 1176.8 bar which is near the 1050 bar max pressure for 3" cartridges. So I suspect that the 1200 kg mark is max service pressure and not proof pressure although I may well be wrong!

Funnily enough the the Remingtons obviously do not exceed the SAAMI limit of 11500psi which is approx. 792.9 bar (say 800 bar) whereas the RC Magnums are advertised at 900 bar!

http://www.rc-cartridges.com/rc50_magnum_hp-231.html

Its the European load which is stouter and of course none come near the advertised 1050 max pressure limit which is a fearsome 15228.956 psi!

I hope I haven't put you all to sleep!

All the best

Skeeterbd